Permission for specific publication is granted for the express purpose described in this Permission Letter. This permission is non-exclusive; HBC reserves the right to reproduce the image and allow others to reproduce the image.
Any subsequent use (including subsequent editions, paperback editions, foreign language editions, electronic editions, etc.) constitutes reuse and must be applied for in writing to HBC and will be subject to a Usage Fee.
The applicant agrees to hold HBC and its agents harmless against any and all claims arising or resulting from the use of the material and shall indemnify HBC and its agents for any and all costs and damages arising or resulting from any such unauthorized use.
- Permission for specific publication is subject to your receipt of a copy of our Permission Letter signed by an authorized agent of Hudson's Bay Company's legal department.
- The applicant assumes all responsibility for use made of images secured from Hudson's Bay Company.
- All use of images must comply with the terms of the Permission Letter.
- Photographic prints or digital files supplied by HBC may not be copied, scanned, exhibited, resold or used for any other purpose than that specified in the Permission Letter. Copies shall not be deposited in another library, archives, or repository.
- Unless approved in advance by HBC, images shall be reproduced in their entirety and shall not be retouched or altered in any way which could affect their historical or artistic integrity.
- Prepayment of all fees, including Usage Fees, is required before images are supplied.